Naomi Absolom. Yoga Teacher
"I teach to practice what I’ve learnt. "
Successful career in Music PR
Exploring yoga from a personal perspective.
Teaches across London and Brighton
Follow Naomi on Instagram @naomiabsalom
For more information on Naomi, her classes and retreats visit her website naomiabsalomyoga.com
Shot in Brighton at one of Naomi's classes and for lunch at You Juice
PODCAST KEY NOTES
- Following a succesful career in Music PR, the trappings of the corporate wheel took its toll.
- An intuitive act sent Naomi to India, but it was not totally as planned.
- Living in an ashram challenged the Naomi’s conditioning from city life. Stripping back her ego/identity, several uncomfortable months of resistance followed.
- Naomi’s insight into yoga began, and a pursuit of the external physicality followed.
- Naomi developed the debilitating condition of Neuralgia leading to an intense period following the birth of her son.
- Searching for methods to control the intense pain and internal "electric shocks” Naomi returned to exploring the wider facets of yoga - The Koshas - Anandmaya, Vijnanamaya, Manomaya, Pranamaya and Annamaya Kosha.
- Connecting breath with consciousness, neurology and healing. Naomi experienced profound shifts and wanted to integrate and share that into her practice and teaching.-
- Impassioned about the connection, Naomi views this as the way to evolve the practice, combining science and evidence rather than keeping the mysteries of healing in the hands of the few
- Yoga is a polarising place when voicing ideas that are not the norm.
- Hugely inspired by her music background. David Bowie is a great source of inspiration in her practice as he balanced a variety of influences and ideas. Watch David Bowies interview.